As President of ISU Paragon, Michael is chiefly responsible for managing the agency and developing the company’s marketing strategy. Whether it is engaging with clients, motivating and encouraging teammates, reaching out to the community, or evolving the agency outreach, Michael is the go-to man for ensuring excellent customer services and company success. As a broker, he is also licensed in both Property & Casualty, and Life & Health insurance while holding the Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist (CLCS) designation.
As a leader in the Southeastern insurance community for nearly 25 years, Michael has been on the forefront of the healthcare debate in the United States since it was first introduced by President Bill Clinton in the early 90’s. Over the years, Michael has been on the receiving end of prestigious awards and accolades for his success in the insurance field including the following:
- 1994 The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) presented Mr. Carmean with the American Enterprise Award for his leadership during the 1993-94 healthcare debates.
- 2002 Honored by Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine at “Columbus Salutes”.
- 2004 Awarded the GAHU Presidential Award for outstanding service representing the public on healthcare.
- 2005 Interviewed on Capitol Hill by MSNBC with Representative Harold Ford, Jr. of Tennessee.
- 2006 President of the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters.
- 2007 addressed the full Georgia Senate on healthcare after being introduced by Lt. Governor Casey Cagle and the current Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens.
- 2012 Awarded the Kathy Cruce Memorial Health Underwriter of the Year by the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters. The award named him Health Insurance Agent of the Year by his peers.
Michael’s personal joy is working with large multiple location employers, as he has an extensive background in: Hospital Systems, Franchise Plans, Government Services and Heavy Construction.
You may contact him by email Mike@isuparagon.com or cell: 706-575-2408