Provide operational oversight, develop strategic vision, manage carrier relations and supervise the company's sales objectives a $10MM premium full service agency selling exchange health benefits nationally, personal lines and commercial lines insurance. Supervises the companies Human Resources efforts for two locations, manages the licensing and continued education requirements for a multiple producers. Mike has an extensive background in enrollment technology, FinTech specialty products, sales training and consulting services for international companies with US operations.
- Reverse flow specialist with unique team of tax attorneys, state and local government advisors
- Health Exchange operational for all 50 states https://www.isuparagonhealth.com/
- Insurance Advisor for Greater Atlanta Chamber of Commerce for international insurance development
As a much sought out consultant, he is licensed in both Property & Casualty, and Life & Health for many parts of the country. He also holds the Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist (CLCS) designation.
As a leader in the Southeastern insurance community for nearly 25 years, Michael has been on the forefront of the healthcare debate in the United States since it was first introduced by President Bill Clinton in the early 90’s. Over the years, Michael has been on the receiving end of prestigious awards and accolades for his success in the insurance field including the following:
- 1994 The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) presented Mr. Carmean with the American Enterprise Award for his leadership during the 1993-94 healthcare debates.
- 2002 Honored by Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine at “Columbus Salutes”.
- 2004 Awarded the GAHU Presidential Award for outstanding service representing the public on healthcare.
- 2005 Interviewed on Capitol Hill by MSNBC with Representative Harold Ford, Jr. of Tennessee.
- 2006 President of the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters.
- 2007 addressed the full Georgia Senate on healthcare after being introduced by Lt. Governor Casey Cagle and the current Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens.
- 2012 Awarded the Kathy Cruce Memorial Health Underwriter of the Year by the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters. The award named him Health Insurance Agent of the Year by his peers.
You may contact him by email Mike@isuparagon.com or cell: 706-575-2408